As the country’s premier development financing institution, the Development Bank of the Philippines supports the promotion of equality among women and men. The Bank’s policies, plans, and programs attribute to the Gender and Development Guidelines advocated by the Philippine Commission on Women and ensures practice of fairness and inclusion in its projects.
DBP Gender and Development Policy
The DBP, in its developmental mission and initiatives, is committed to gender equality shall integrate and implement Gender and Development (GAD) considerations in all aspects of its operations. DBP’s commitment to gender and development is embodied in the principles of inclusiveness, accountability, and partnership.
In pursuit of this policy, DBP commits to:
– Comply with different GAD commitments enshrined in agreements, regulations and various gender-related laws;
– Heighten the level of gender awareness in DBP by providing an environment supportive of gender mainstreaming;
– Review DBP’s existing programs, activities, and projects to surface the gender issues that need to be addressed;
– Formulate development plans, policies, budgets and programs, and projects and services that are gender-responsive so that these lead to women empowerment, gender equality, and equity; and
– Install enabling mechanisms that will ensure effective implementation of policies, programs, and projects on gender mainstreaming.
Gender and Development References
- Magna Carta of Women
- No to Violence Against Women
- Guidelines in the Audit of GAD Funds and Activities
- PCW Memorandum Circular No. 2014-04
- Joint Circular No. 2004-01 (DBM, NEDA, NCRFW)
- Joint Circular No. 2012-01 (PCW, NEDA, DBM)
- MCW – Republic Act 9710 and IRR
- Institutionalizing the Creation of Gender and Development Focal Point System
- Guidelines of the GAD Focal Point System
- Empowering Women Entrepreneurs
- Applying the Tool to Assess Gender Mainstreaming
- The Great Women Project (GWP)
- Integrity is Forever
File size is downloaded 974 times.
- Magna Carta for Women AVP Part 1 of 3
File size is downloaded 665 times.
- Magna Carta for Women AVP Part 2 of 3
File size is downloaded 562 times.
- Magna Carta for Women AVP Part 3 of 3
File size is downloaded 614 times.
- RA 8353 – The Anti-Rape Law of 1997
- RA 7877 – Anti-Sexual Harassment Act of 1995
- RA 9208 as amended by RA 10364 – The Anti-Trafficking in Persons Act of 2003
- RA 9262 – Anti-Violence Against Women and their Children (VAWC) Act of 2004
- RA 9710 – Magna Karta ng Kababaihan_1 of 2
- RA 9710 – Magna Karta ng Kababaihan_2 of 2
- VAW in the Home
File size is downloaded 775 times.
- VAW in the Workplace
File size is downloaded 780 times.
- VAW in the Schools
File size is downloaded 734 times.
- VAW in the Public Spaces
File size is downloaded 751 times.
- VAW in the Digital Media
File size is downloaded 743 times.
- We Can Be Violence Free
File size is downloaded 695 times.
Calendar of Activities
DBP GFP Directory
2017 GAD Plans and Budget
2018 GAD Plans and Budget