- DBP Sustainability Financing Framework
- DBP Sustainable Financing Framework (Second Party Opinion)
- DBP Sustainability Bond Programme Offering Circular
- Index to the Offering Circular:
- Preliminary Pricing Supplement
What are Sustainability Bonds?
Sustainability Bonds are any type of bond instruments where the proceeds will be exclusively applied to finance or re-finance in part, or in full, new and/or existing Sustainable Projects and which are aligned with both the Green Bond Principles and Social Bond Principles.
Green Projects must contribute to environmental objectives such as climate change mitigation, climate change adaptation, natural resource conservation, biodiversity conservation, and pollution prevention and control.
Social Projects are projects, activities and investments that directly aim to help address or mitigate a specific social issue and/or seek to achieve positive social outcomes especially, but not exclusively, for target population(s).
Why invest in DBP?
- Trailblazer in Development Financing. DBP is consistently recognized by various local and institutional institutions for its development financing activities.
- Direct investment in Nation Building. DBP is the country’s Infrastructure Bank and plays a critical role in the Administration’s “Build, Build, Build!” infrastructure program.
- 100% owned by the National Government. DBP is wholly-owned by the National Government and it shares the same “BBB+” credit rating Standard and Poor’s (S&P) Global Ratings.
- Banking on Stability. Celebrating its 72 years in existence, DBP has been stable and has been continually growing over the years with increasing income, loans and deposit base.
- Experienced Management. With extensive experience in senior executive positions in a wide array of industries, DBP’s Management Team brings to the Bank cutting edge best practices and business initiatives as DBP competes in a highly competitive market as evidenced by its size and profitability.
Terms of the Offering:
|Issue||Development Bank of the Philippines (“DBP”)|
|Denomination||The Sustainability Bonds will be offered and sold in minimum principal amounts of PHP50,000.00, and in integral multiples of PHP10,000.00 in excess thereof.|
|Interest Rate||4.25% g.p.a.|
|Interest Payments||Quarterly (subject to 20% withholding tax except for tax-exempt institutions)|
|Issue Price||At par (or 100%)|
|Form||Scripless and electronic form and registered and lodged with the Philippine Depository & Trust Corporation (PDTC) in the name of the Bondholders|
|Public offer period||21 October 2019 to 30 October 2019*|
|Issue Date||11 November 2019*|
*The issuer and Joint Lead Arrangers reserve the right to adjust the offer period and issue date
For more information, visit any DBP Branch or any of the Selling Agents. You may also contact DBP’s Treasury and Corporate Finance Marketing Department at Telephone No. +632 8-818-9511 locals 3820, 3825, 2834 or 2831.
NOTE: SUSTAINABILITY BONDS HAVE NOT BEEN REGISTERED WITH THE SECURITIES AND EXCHANGE COMMISSION UNDER THE SECURITIES REGULATION CODE. ANY FUTURE OFFER TO SELL OR SALE OF THE SECURITIES IS SUBJECT TO THE REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS UNDER THE CODE UNLESS SUCH OFFER TO SELL OR SALE QUALIFIES AS AN EXEMPT TRANSACTION. THE BONDS ARE NOT DEPOSITS AND WILL NOT BE INSURED BY THE PHILIPPINE DEPOSIT INSURANCE CORPORATION.