The TPFP is a credit assistance program under the forestry sector for the expansion, harvesting, maintenance and protection of existing tree plantations with at least 4 year old standing trees in at least 1% of the plantation area of qualified private and public land. The plantation is a designed and planned area of pre-identified tree species proven to be compatible and thriving in the area covering both lowland and forest lands.
- Expansion of tree plantation
- Existing tree plantation of at least 4 –year-old tree species;
- Harvesting of fruits or mature tree species (provided replanting is undertaken)
- Processing and Post Harvest facilities including expenses for harvesting equipment, hauling, delivery, kiln treatment plant, fruit processing plant, and related expenditures.
– Acquisition and planting of major tree planting stocks (preferably cloned seedlings from certified nurseries)
– Site development, including road system, where necessary
– Maintenance and operating expenses for the expansion of plantation
– Look out tower
– Water system
– Other related expenditures
– Maintenance and protection expenses – fertilization, pest control, weeding, strip brushing, and related expenditures.
- Duly registered existing operators with at least 4-year-old tree plantation such as:
– Industrial tree plantation companies
– Wood producers
– Integrated Forest Management Agreement (IFMA) holders-members or accredited by the Philippine Wood Producers Association
– Socialized Integrated Forest Management Agreement (SIFMA) holders
– Private land owners
– Private schools
– Peoples’ organization/cooperatives
Up to 80% of project cost for identified borrowers and 90% for LGUs.
Based on prevailing interest rates.
- Maximum of 15 years inclusive of grace period on principal and interest repayment not exceeding 5 years depending on funder’s requirement.
Rallen O. Verdadero
Head, Program Development Management II
812-8088/818-9511 local 3327
Gracely Lux G. Itum
Head, Loan Program Development Unit – PDM II
818-9511 local 2330
Miriam T. Fabian
Loan Program Development Unit – PDM II
812-80088/818-9511 local 2331