The DBP BEST program aims to further support the development and growth of the various business endeavors of entrepreneurs who have been assisted by the Department of Science and Technology (DOST) under their SETUP Technopreneurs Program.
All types of micro, small and medium enterprises that are owned and/or managed by Small Enterprise Technology Upgrading Program (SETUP) Technopreneurs that will cater to the following priority sectors: food processing; furniture; gifts; housewares; decors; marine and aquatic resources; horticulture and agriculture; metals and engineering; health products and services/pharmaceuticals; and, ICT/Electronics which requires technological improvements in their existing operations.
- Single Proprietorship, Partnership, Corporation, Cooperative, and other business entities with legal personality to engage in a business enterprise with asset size of PhP100.0 million and below who has completed one cycle or at least 1.5 years of refund to the Department of Science and Technology (DOST) under SETUP.
- Enterprises mentioned above which have not availed of the technology financial assistance from DOST can still be eligible to borrow under the program and shall be evaluated on a case to case basis.
- Up to 90% of total project cost
- Minimum Loan Amount of PhP300,000.00
Prevailing market rate
- Based on enterprise’s development period but not to exceed ten (10) years, payable based in business cash cycle.
- Maximum grace period of three (3) years on principal for projects with short-gestation period and five (5) years for projects with long gestating period.