WATER Program is the umbrella program for the bank’s water supply projects. Its objective is aligned with the thrust of the National Government as defined under the Philippine Water Supply Sector Roadmap prepared by the national Economic Development Authority which aims, among others, to ensure adequate long-term availability of and accessibility to potable water.
WATER Program intends to expand coverage from waterless area to include the entire water supply sector which would mean to increase target investment from Php 5 Billion (2011-2016) to Php 25 Billion up to the end of the WATER Program by year 2025. The WATER Program is expected to achieve the following specific objectives:
- 1. Source Development
- Increase in billed volume (m3)
- Potential additional/existing connections generated/supported
2. Water System rehabilitation, expansion and upgrading
- Additional connections generated
- Reduction in Non-Revenue Water (NRW)
- Private Corporations
- Water Districts
- Local Government Units
- Other Water Service Providers
- Private Financial Institutions/Micro Finance Institutions
- Source development for distribution or for bulk water supply.
- Water transmission and/or distribution system rehabilitation, expansion and upgrading.
- Development/installation of water treatment facilities/equipment.
- Investment for Non-Revenue Water reduction or other efficiency-enhancing measures, such as but not limited to computerization of accounts, billing and collection system, installation of energy-saving equipment.
- Purchase of necessary tools and equipment such as but not limited to generator sets, service vehicles, trucks, water leak detector including construction or rehabilitation of existing non-network facilities (e.g. office building, warehouse) to improve efficiency and service delivery.
- Investment for Climate Change Adaptation Technologies (e.g. rain water collection system)
- Capital Investment
- Working capital requirement
- Interest during construction
- Refinancing of existing loan
- Consultancy services
- Project Preparation Activities (i.e. feasibility study, detailed engineering design)
- Private corporations – minimum of 20% based on total project cost
- Water Districts, Local Government Units, Associations and Cooperatives – minimum of 10% based on total project cost
For Water Districts and LGUs, DBP may finance up to 100% of the proposed project provided that safety measures are in place, such as, the loan is fully secured, all receivables are assigned in favor of DBP, ADB requirement is imposed, DBP is a major depository bank, etc.
Interest rate shall be based on the existing DBP circulars on lending rates while the credit spread shall be based on the Borrower Risk Rating (BRR).
The term of the loan shall be based on the project cash flows or depending on the source of fund. The mode of repayment shall be monthly or quarterly depending on the cash flow of the project and/or the business
The checklist of requirements for the technical due diligence of the proposed project under the WATER Program is listed under Annex B.
For more program information, please contact:
Paul D. Lazaro
Head, Lending Program Management Group
Tel. Nos.: (02) 8893-3545 (dl), (02) 8818-9511 local 3310/3311
Rustico Noli D. Cruz
Head, Program Development and Management I Department
Tel. Nos.: (02) 8893-9745, (02) 8818-9511 local 3328
Enrico R. Lanzanas
Program Officer, Program Development and Management I Department
Tel. Nos.: (02) 8818-9511 local 2348
For loan application, you may contact the lending units near you:
Metro Manila Lending Groups
Corporate Banking Group
Carolyn I. Olfindo
Head, Corporate Banking Group
Tel. Nos.: (02) 8812-6536
Ma. Lourdes B. Gumba
Head, Corporate Banking I Department
Tel. Nos.: (02) 8893-8940
Raquel C. Atienza
Head, Corporate Banking II Department
Tel. Nos.: (02) 8813-2730
Suzanne S. Aquino
Head, Financial Institutions Department
Tel. Nos.: (02) 8815-1528
Roxann D. Morales
Head, Public Sector Department
Tel. Nos.: (02) 8815-1520
SME Retail and Mid-Market Lending Group
Jeanne D. Adamos
Head, Middle Market I Department
Tel. Nos.: (02) 8893-1177
Raymond C. Valdez
Head, Middle Market II Department
Tel. Nos.: (02) 8840-5566
Daniel M. Gonzales
Head, SME Department
Tel. Nos.: (02) 8812-9932
Provincial Lending Groups
Kindly proceed to this link.